Sometimes, our hectic lives can get the better of us, and we may have good intentions, on how we would like to be perceived – but then slip up with the basics.
So you have been in business for a while, and you know, looking professional is a must, but what happens, when people look you up online? You cannot give that professional smile and show that nice clean suit.
It can be challenging to keep your online presence, looking a hundred per cent. I would recommend putting aside, at least once a year, a bit of time, to do a tidy-up. Try looking inwards at yourself, and think about what people are going to see when it comes to you online, and amend anything you feel, could be improved.
Here are a few starting points to get you started:
1) Go to Google – put your business name into the search bar and see what comes up. You may not have noticed a nasty review, someone has written about your business. It could be the reason why clients are not getting back to you. It’s worth having a look and ‘think out of the box’ a bit.
2) Copy Editing – could you maybe improve your copy-editing skills by using some of the great add-ons, such as Grammarly. Maybe make a decision, that you will not write anything, that looks like spam and bring up the level.
3) LinkedIn and CV – It’s one of those things, we fill out once and only edit when we’re job hunting, but people see your profile, more often than you think. So make sure it’s up-to-date, and it’s free of typos.
3) Website – Do you have one? Even if its just a landing page, it can make you look more reliable and professional. These are all things, people search for, in business, when gauging, whether to go with them or your competitor.
4) Clients and contacts – maybe go through your contact book and decide to contact all your clients and have a catch-up, even it’s just for a coffee.
I hope that helps.